Snowmageddon

img_2546

Today marks the fifth day in a row I have not left the house. In some ways the fact that it has been raining or snowing every day for over a week is a good thing. I have completed one book and am halfway through the next one which actually puts me slightly ahead of schedule for once.

15895117_1140556752731105_8191471455844521705_n2

It is supposed to snow next week as well, although it does appear we’ll have sunny skies for the weekend.  Having said that today is Friday the 13th so who knows what might be in store.

15895325_1139032722883508_515216668457794646_n2

Snow love it or hate it? Comment below to be entered to win a $15 Amazon Gift Card. I will choose a winner on Saturday.

img_2534 img_2536 img_2547

83 thoughts on “Snowmageddon

1. Joyce Moser says:

Never have been crazy about snow except the first one is pretty. Our black lab loves playing in the snow but our bichon fur baby detests it!

2. Kathleen Costa says:

I love snow! I love snow from the picture window! I love snow from the picture window of a luxury hotel room in the Alps with a roaring fire, hot toddies, gourmet appetizers, a box of books, a masseuse, and my husband! I love snow!

I have to say i loved it when i was younger as we used to take a drive to tahoe or reno and it was so much fun to play in it. I also thought it would be wonderful to live in it as at that time i lived in San Mateo, ca and it never snowed there. Well my husband passed and i re married and moved to Iowa and I love to look out the window at it and it is wonderful to sit and read by myself when it is snowing outside in my chair. I don’t like trying to get out in it as before when i could walk real good i thought i was a pro and fell a few times. Now i just can’t wait as it is 67 days till spring and the seed catalogs are coming in and my husband will be back working and I will be a happy camper as no snow.

4. Lisa Millett says:

I am from New England specifically Western Massachusetts so I love snow. We have only had a couple of small storms so far so send your snow our way please

5. Alisha Collins says:

I love to see snow but I don’t want it to be so bad that I’m stuck inside for days at a time. So it’s ok for a couple of days then it needs to leave.

6. Barbara Hawk says:

Last week I was snowed in, so I guess I have a love/hate relationship with snow. It is still hanging around, but at least I can get out the driveway. Also we have had freezing temperatures, which is not good for our pipes or my old body. I hope the rest of the winter season is more reasonable. My wish is for everyone to stay safe and warm this winter!

7. Shannon says:

The few times in my life I’ve been in snow I loved it. In our part of the world, however, we usually only get ice with a dusting of snow. Last Friday we had a sleet storm and today it’s 80 and sunny, just a typical January in Mississippi!

8. I have a love/hate relationship with snow. I think it’s beautiful when I’m in a nice warm house watching it snow outside. I hate having to shovel my driveway and driving when the roads are snow covered and slippery.

9. Vicki Highley says:

I live in Orange County, CA. So I would say I like to look at the snow on the local mountains. But one winter in Sheboygan WI when I was a teenage and they had the worst snow in 20 years made my parents decide that moving back to OC CA was a smart move, one that I am very happy for because I don’t think I would love to live where it snows.

10. Mary Jane H. says:

I love the lights on your railing. That is so beautiful. If I lived where it snows, i would definitely look into doing that.

11. Janet Bailey says:

I love snow if it comes when I can stay home with my puppies, books, and sewing machine. I hate it if I have to go to work and drive on bad roads.

12. Bec says:

I love the look of snow (especially on trees). It can be a lot of fun to play around in (sledding, building forts) and then come inside for a nice hot cup of cocoa with marshmallows. However if I never saw snow again for the rest of my life I would probably be ok with it because I HATE driving in the snow!!! Thanks!! ❄️❄️❄️

13. sallycootie says:

Love to see it, nothing prettier than looking out your window at beautiful. That said, I grew up in the Chicago area and have had my fill of snow.

14. Gale Smith says:

Snow once in awhile would be nice. The few times I get to enjoy snow I like be the first one outside to see the sparkle and perfection of the surfaces and then wham fall on my back and make snow angels! i also love to see the wonder in my dogs eyes as they look at the snow and I show her that you can make a ball and when I toss it to her, she catches it and has the most confused look on her face when there is nothing in her mouth. But living in lower AL we seldom get any, I have to go to my sisters in TN to experience it.

15. Betty W says:

I certainly don’t enjoy it like Echo does! Since I don’t have to drive in it to work anymore, it doesn’t bother me as much. I’m still not a fan but I can appreciate the beauty of newly fallen snow and the pristine look it gives to the earth in the dead of winter.