To resolve or not to resolve? That is the question. I have done the New Years Resolution thing a few times in my life (pretty sure I never stuck to any of them) but most years I skip this tried and true tradition. While I generally avoid making resolutions I know I won’t keep, I do tend to use the birth of a new year to review my life and look at what aspects of my existence are working and which are not. This year I talk about some of my ‘resolutions’ in my newsletter: The Daley Weekly. Here is the link to sign up if you are not already a subscriber. http://eepurl.com/NRPDf
Although I do not tend to make New Years Resolutions, I was asked to do a day in the life segment for Dru’s Book Musings last year on New Years Day. I decided to have Zoe Donovan, the main character in my popular mystery series of the same name, make some New Years Resolutions. Here is the post:
Hi, my name is Zoe Donovan. I am a 25 year old newly engaged woman who lives in the quaint hamlet of Ashton Falls. Every year I make exactly 5 New Year’s Resolutions. No more, no less. My fiancé Zak thinks my adherence to this rule a bit odd, but more than 5 makes it seem like I’m reaching for the stars giving me a reason to give up entirely, and less that 5 makes me feel like a slacker.
- I resolve not to let my mom drive me crazy with wedding planning. (Seriously, everyone complains about bridezilla’s but no one mentions momzillas. My mother wants to take me to Paris to buy a wedding dress. Paris!!! Who in their right mind flies halfway around the world to buy a dress? Zak says that I should do my wedding my way which I assure you does not include a trip to Paris. I wonder if I can buy a wedding dress on Amazon. No muss, no fuss, plus free shipping for Prime members.
- I resolve to keep my nose out of others peoples business. As long as it doesn’t concern me. Or intrigue me. Or provide a distraction when nothing is on television.
- Speaking of television, I resolve to watch less TV. Unless either American Idol or Dancing with the Stars is on. Or Kitchen Wars. And of course it would be un-American not to watch Duck Dynasty. And you never know when the survival skills you might pick up on Survivor, or relationship tips you might gleam from Big Brother, will come in handy.
- Speaking of relationship skills, I resolve not to be so jealous. Or needy. Or possessive. Okay, maybe jealousy is a given but I will not to jump to conclusions. Of course there are times when you need only take a tiny little step and there conclusions are, no jumping required.
- And finally, I resolve not to let more than one homicidal maniac almost kill me this year. Last year? Well I don’t know that we need to discuss numbers but suffice it to say it was more than five.
Comment below with your New Years Resolution or goal (or just share that you don’t do resolutions) to be entered to win a signed set of all three books in the wedding trilogy.